Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dotting the Coms and Bombs.

After the lesson and power point presentation (I don't recall the day, I know I'm far behind but better late than never) I did a little research on the dot-com companies and how the dot-com bubble burst. During the late 1990s and the beginning of 2001 is where electronic commerce were all the rave and anyone wanted to be a part of it, investor put a lot of money into these operating companies that worked online. Companies wanted to be BIG fast. I mean really fast like WebVan $375 million in IPO and what the power point mention about Pets.com. Even Amazon stepped in, in 1994. Then Boom! Many companies were overvalue for its worth. The problem? I think it's because most of these companies and investors ignored signs of problems within the company -such as rules of investing, studying market trends and the big one - reviewing the companies business plan. To me, I think these companies were in love with the idea of something new. "lets created, something new", with it's product, but no actually plans to really have a well thought and outline plan of even basic questions like, who, when, what, how, and why for this [what the company is selling] will work. 

I read an article it had to do with something about Internet Bubble 2.0. e-commerce is like a day in the past, move over and bring some social media. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Groupon are the new rave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment